- We are looking for an Intermediate Environmental Scientist or Engineer that wants to make a difference with a company that cares about its people.
- Coordinate and lead field programs within the assessment and remediation practice area; however, cross-training with the reclamation and natural sciences discipline is possible for the right candidate.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and technical support to junior professionals.
- Build strong relationships with clients, suppliers, landowners/stakeholders, and regulators.
- Provide detailed project management and reporting support.
- Graduated from college or university with a diploma or degree in a science, engineering, or agriculture program with an environmental focus. Eligible for or existing professional designation from AIA, ASPB, or APEGA.
- 5-10 years of field and office experience working in the assessment and remediation practice areas.
- Experienced in leading and overseeing assessment and remediation projects, including contractor supervision, sample selection for laboratory analysis, topsoil and subsoil management (SST experience is an asset), reclamation and revegetation.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, policies, guidelines, and permit application processes.
- Can safely operate vehicles and has a valid class 5 driver’s licence.
- Project management and native grassland experience is an asset.
- Quality, health, safety, and wellness are critical to you.
- You are positive, humble, caring, genuine, and trustworthy.
- You enjoy work life balance and being a part of a people-focused company.
- You embrace being a key member of integrated and interdisciplinary teams.
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude, ability to manage multiple priorities, and a passion for consistently delivering outstanding work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- $50,000 – $81,000 annually.
For further information or to apply:
Please visit traceassociates.ca/careers to submit your cover letter and resume quoting position number CAN-AB-LETH-0500-14. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Trace recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion help us build a stronger company. The purpose for collecting this voluntary confidential information is to help us create a diverse and equitable workplace. Providing this information will have no effect on hiring decisions and is used only to measure progress of our goal to reach diverse candidates.
At Trace our Indigenous Hiring Strategy and Diversity, Equity, and Employment Strategy focuses on five designated groups: women, Indigenous Peoples, visible minority groups, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.