Project Sustainability Tool
- Trace’s Project Sustainability Tool compares remediation strategies and communicates the benefits of implementing sustainable strategies such as in-situ remediation, landfarming, and risk assessment relative to excavating and landfilling impacted soil
- Used at the options assessment stage to support decision making, or after a project or program has been conducted as a communication tool demonstrating the benefits of alternative sustainable remediation approaches
- Summary report includes the financial, environmental, social, and safety metrics assessed, and an infographic to assist in communications
Greenhouse Gas Offset
Quantification & Advisory
- Offset project advisory
- Development of offset Project Plans and subsequent Project Reports
- Experienced working in voluntary offset markets, international regulated offset markets, as well as with the Alberta Emission Offset System
Greenhouse Gas and Social
- Corporate greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories
- Corporate GHG reporting
- GHG reduction targeting setting.
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting and advisory
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) advisory
- Commitment to Corporate Governance
- Director Structure and Functioning
- Internal Controls and Risk Management
- Transparency and Communication
- Shareholder Management
- Regulatory liaising
- Predevelopment studies
- Environmental regulatory, approval renewals, amendments, and permitting
- Annual environmental monitoring and reporting
- GHG calculations
- Emergency preparedness and planning, including:
- Emergency response plans
- Environmental emergency planning
- Spill response plans
- Emergency response contingency plans
- Environmental inspections to support operating permits/approvals
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation measures.
- Setting of environmental objectives and associated guiding policy.
- Community preparedness and resilience.
- Brownfield development advisory and brownfield grant application assistance
- The City of Regina Underutilized Land Study, developed by V3 Companies of Canada Ltd., Praxis Consulting Ltd., and Trace, was awarded the 2018 Excellence in Planning award by the Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute.
- Emergency preparedness and planning.
- Community GHG reduction planning (e.g. Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program)